Ever since H&M opened its fashion doors in India, our resident fashion expert, the GuyStyler (who also runs his own exclusive fashion blog here.) has made at least 10 visits to their super cool store which sells cooler clothes at an even cooler price (side note: He now needs to look for a larger wardrobe). But what everyone had been waiting for was one of the biggest fashion collaborations of recent times – Balmain X H&M.
Known for their sharp-shouldered jackets and military detailing, collaborating with a mass brand like H&M was a challenge for 29-year-old creative director Olivier Rousteing. Despite his love for H&M, Rousteing said that this collaboration was a huge task given the fact that Balmain is super-expensive (goodbye, credit cards!). Changing of fabric and using less embroidery helped them achieve the unachievable – creating fashion for everyone. And the spectacular result is in front of us!
The very affordable collection is full of military-inspired pieces – from military green overcoats and black jackets to coats with gold detailing and chunky gold buttons. A majority of the collection features edgy monochrome looks with lots of zipper detailing – as seen here in the black statement jumpsuit, which has a dazzling zipper in the front. This is all really fancy but how does this help you, you ask?
We saw that coming. Take cues from this beautifully shot lookbook and shop for your favorite look with us right here. One of the must-have pieces (and our expert’s personal favourite) would be the gorgeous red and black biker jacket featured below – it’s wicked and it’s funky as hell! What’s more?
Amazingly well tailored coats and edgy leather jackets are guaranteed to make you all want to get a piece of this masterpiece – bring out the drinks, because we are having a Rocky Horror Show Theme Party! (Not really.)
Hold on. We aren’t done yet. Here’s more good news! There’s a second H&M store that just opened in Delhi (that might add some relief to those who’ve had to wait in line for hours to get billed) and we plan to get there faster than we can say ‘I-have-no-new-clothes-to-wear’. Now now, Bombay, are you listening?
So while we celebrate one of our favourite fashion brands launching in India, why don’t you check out the look book here?
I grate my fingers on the underside of the sunmica table, as Eleven guffaws at his joke. It’s unfunny, in a I-would-laugh-if-I-could-but-I-really-don’t-want-to kind of way, especially when he’s fifteen minutes late and the joke is at my expense. I look at him closely. Why am I doing this again?
He looks like a bloated version of a Bollywood heartthrob, which is his only redeeming quality. He looks thinner in his pictures. It’s early 2011; everybody looks thinner in their pictures in 2011. He’s short, but not too short. He’s fat, but not too fat. I am here, but I am not too here. He’s fun, but not too-
No, wait. He’s not fun at all. Do you know what I mean?
Must we be Grammar Nazis, must we?
(P.S: we must.)
The What? : ‘Don’t Let Him Know’ By Sandip Roy.
In a boxy apartment building in an American university town, Romola Mitra, a newly arrived young bride, anxiously awaits her first letter from home in India. When she accidentally opens the wrong letter, it changes her life. Decades later, her son Amit finds that letter and thinks he has discovered his mother’s secret. But secrets have their own secrets sometimes, and a way of following their keepers.
Amit does not know that Avinash, his dependable and devoted father, lurks on gay Internet groups at times, unable to set aside his lifelong attraction to men. Avinash has no idea that his dutiful wife had once romanced a dashing Bengali filmstar, whose memory she keeps tucked away in a diary amongst her silk saris.
What: Delhi Queer Pride 2015
When: 2:00 PM, Sunday, November 29th, 2015.
Where: Tolstoy Marg, CP, New Delhi.
Why: Because one never needs a reason to walk the Pride, and hey, what would you rather spend your Sunday doing.
So let’s walk the talk, shall we?
- ‘’You look thinner in your pictures. Are you sure that was you?”
- ‘I might be emotionally damaged. Do I look emotionally damaged?’
- ‘…and that’s the story of how I got arrested, and had to be locked up for a day.’
- ‘ Is it okay if I call my ex to join us for a drink? He’s totally cool!’
- ‘I have a girlfriend.’
- ‘ I think I forgot my wallet at home, do you mind taking this one?’
- ‘OMG. I know this boy who’d be perfect for you. You guys are so alike!’
- ‘So that profile picture of yours from 2007; where was it taken?’
- ‘Is this a date? I thought we were just hanging out.’
- ‘What’s your profile handle on Grindr?’
- ‘Are you really sure you want to eat that? Those carbs are worth three day’s worth of workout.’
- ‘…so my son is only a couple of years younger than you are. I think he went to your school.’
- ‘I think I might be falling in love with you.’
- ‘ So do you stay alone at home? ’
- ‘Do you mind if I use your phone? I have to tell my roommate that I’ll be home in fifteen minutes.’
- ‘I think you look exactly like my brother.’
- ‘Haha, so this guy I went out on a date with two days ago said that…’
- “ I don’t think I am the kind of guy who’s looking for anything serious.’
- ‘Honestly, I cheated on my ex. And the one before that. And the one before that.’
- ‘So that girl in your profile picture. Is she single?’